Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkin muffins

IMG_9497

The fall season has finally arrived and last week it was time for me to make our first batch of Pumpkin Muffins (not the last one either!).  The recipe comes from a small cookbook I got when a bunch of women from Brentwood Baptist Church in Brentwood, Tennessee came to uplift us – women – from Sequoia.   I still have the cookbook and so far it’s the only recipe I have ever made from it.  But boy are those muffins are delicious.  That recipe is the main reason why I still have the cookbook!

When I make these muffins, I have to be particularly careful to put some in the freezer because they would be gone quite rapidly.  If I would sell them in front of the house, they will probably sell within minutes.  LOL

Seriously, my kids just love them and they kept asking if they could get one when they are cooked.   I made one batch with chocolate chips and one batch with dried cranberries.

So I thought of sharing the recipe here… because they are simply mouth-watering.

 

IMG_9496Pumpkin Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dried cranberries)

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
  2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
  3. Add the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  4. Fold in the chocolate chips (or dried cranberries).
  5. Pour into muffin cups.
  6. Bake at 400 for 16-20 minutes.

Makes 24 muffins.

 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment