Thursday, March 29, 2012

You’re Already Amazing

YoureAlreadyAmazingYou’re Already Amazing – Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be
Written by Holley Gerth
Published at Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

About the book

Psst . . . pull up a chair and I'll tell you a secret. You'd better lean in close for this one.

Ready?

You don't have to do more, be more, have more.

I'm sure there are security alarms going off somewhere. You should probably hide this book when your in-laws come over.

But it's true.

It's the kind of true that will change your life, set you free, and make you wake up smiling for the first time in a long time. I know because that's what it did for me. . . .

So watch out, sister. If you keep reading you just might be next.

With this heart-to-heart message, Holley Gerth invites you to embrace one very important truth--that you truly are already amazing. Like a trusted friend, Holley gently shows you how to forget the lies and expectations the world feeds you and instead believe that God loves you and has bigger plans for your life than you've even imagined.

Who is Holley Gerth?

Holley Gerth is an award-winning writer, licensed counselor, certified life coach, and speaker. She is cofounder of (in)courage, an online destination for women, which received more than one million page views in its first six months. She also reaches out to readers through her popular blog, Heart to Heart with Holley and through her partnership with DaySpring, a subidiary of Hallmark. Holley lives in Arkansas with her husband, Mark.

My Thoughts

Have you ever wondered if you were important in someone’s life?   If what you do on a daily basis matters?   If anyone cares about you?   I know I did – even though I am happily married and trust God for more than fifteen years now.    It’s the kind of lie that many women and homeschoolers have a tendency to believe unfortunately.

So when the opportunity arose to review a book titled You’re Already Amazing, my curiosity was picked.   I wanted to read it to discover what the author would say.  Even though I know that I matter and that God is there for me, there are times when I wonder if what I do really matters whether it is for my family or just for fun (like being a reviewer in the blogosphere…).  

What did I discovered?  An amazing book that stir your soul and makes you realized that God created you for a purpose.  The problem is that sometimes we don’t see our gifts and where we can be a blessing.    This little gem of a book will guide you on a journey of discovery of who you are, on how you feel, on where you are going, and much more.    The book also contains a deeper guide to use individually or in groups during a book club or a women’s study. 

I realized from the beginning of the book that I needed to work on my self confidence and follow the steps the author provided in its pages.    I take the time to read, underline, ponder, react and do the exercises.   I am discovering the things I do that most people don’t do – like homeschooling or blogging and reviewing products.   It matters for my kids, my family and also people who are looking for reviews on various things.   I am taking the time to find my strengths, my skills, and explore who are part of my social circles. I am discovering the lies that most women will believe – and I fall in this category when I compare myself to others sometimes. 

The author has a way of writing that will touch you in various ways – it will open your eyes, it will make you smile, it will help you to discover who you are and how important you are.    Honestly it has been a while since I read a book destined to help me that was so good… 

imageAm I suggesting that every woman out there should go through this book?   Absolutely.   It is a great reminder of who we are and how gifted God made us.   Each and every single one of us is loved, accepted, chosen, and have something to give to others.   We need to go through the process on discover ourselves to stop believing the lies we might have encountered and fly out of this cage of lies to be free.  

As I am reading this book and advancing in the discovery of who am I, I am also going through a healing ministry for wounds I have experienced in my past.    Recently while we were singing a song during the worship time about being free, I pictured a cage that was opened with a bird flying away of it.    I sensed it was me.   Going through this healing ministry and this book at the same time is simply amazing.  Not only am I learning to let go of my wounds but at the same time I am on a journey of discovering who I am and becoming everything that He has created me to be.   

One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:13, it says

You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength.

I know I can.   God is with me all the time.   I just needed the guidance on discovering myself.   You’re Already Amazing is a great book to do so.

You’re Already Amazing is available at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, including amazon.ca.

Disclaimer: I have received a copy of the book from Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment