Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lego Ideas Book

9780756686062HLego Ideas Book – unlock your imagination
Published at DK Canada

About the book

You have what it takes! Did you ever wonder what you can do with all of those LEGO® bricks after you have created the project they came with?

Now with The LEGO Ideas Book, you can take what you already have and make something new! The book is divided into six themed chapters—transportation, buildings, space, kingdoms, adventure, and useful makes—each with basic templates of key models and spreads to inspire you to create your own.

Hints and tips from Master Builders can help you turn your classic car into a race car or add a bridge to your castle! Don't be concerned if you haven't got all the bricks you need: this book also shows how to simplify details, making this a great user-friendly guide for any building ability.

Featuring all-new LEGO® building projects, tips to supplement and enhance your LEGO creations, inspirational builds, and expert advice from LEGO Master Builders, The LEGO Ideas Book will keep kids of all ages creating for hours.

My Thoughts

When I was younger, I played with Lego quite a bit.  My mom even bought some ideas books that I still have to this day and now my own kids are using them. But DK Canada now have a fabulous book that I knew my kids will jump on it when they see it.

This book is simply amazing and contains numerous ideas where you and your kids can build from.    Not only will it give you building tips but you will find ideas that will spark your own imagination.   The book is divided in six sections full of construction ideas.  

Planes, Trains & Automobiles cover any vehicles that  you can think off.

Town & Country will guide you in how to build a building whether it is in town or in the country.

Out of this World is a section that will present anything from out of space.

In Days of Old will bring back in time and guide you in building Medieval structures.

A World of Adventure will bring you into the world of pirates, Vikings, the jungle as well as robots.

Make & Keep will guide you in building useful items like desk organizers or board games.

Each section always star by presenting some of the bricks you might need to complete the ideas included in it.    Some people might find that it is unfortunate that some pieces are not easy to get and I understands their problem.   Recently, I saw a marvelous box of Lego at Wal-Mart and checked to see if strange pieces were included in it.  There was not many out of the ordinary pieces unfortunately.   I would have consider getting the box if it would have been the case.   I am still thinking I might purchase it because the bricks I had when I was younger are older and break easily. But not having special pieces to build the ideas in this book could be discouraging.

Like I mentioned my kids now play with my older Lego and they also got Lego for their birthday or Christmas over the year.  So our Lego collection is growing…  I am uncertain to how many pieces we might have to do the ideas in this book but I am excited to get down on my knees and do some building with them.  Unfortunately, this book doesn’t contain a step-by-step method of building the ideas.   You will have to figure out most of the ideas by yourself.   In a way it will help you to stretch your imagination and develop your deductive skills when investigating which pieces you will need.

Lego Ideas Book is available at your favorite bookstore, even amazon.ca.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen this book and it looked cool. My girls are still a bit young for LEGO (the oldest is almost four), but we have all the LEGOs my husband had as a child, so someday... We don't have any of the instruction manuals that came with the LEGO kits, so it's good to know that there are books like this available for ideas, if we wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As its title suggests, this is an ideas book that provides inspiration for your own models. Full of creative inspiration for all imaginative and creative individuals out there.

    ReplyDelete