Monday, September 26, 2011

Empire Reel Babies

image

I have my first baby on June 25, 2001.   Back then I remember that there was some theaters that offered a special showing for moms with little ones.    I went to a couple of them but I will admit that I didn’t spend a lot of time in theaters with my young ones.   The theater was open but it was difficult toEmpire deal with diapers and so on back in the days.  There was also a time when if you baby would fuss and cry in a public place you would get some comments or disapproving glances around you.   

10 years have passed since then.   Nowadays, I find that people are more sympathetic with a fussy little one when you are in a restaurant (well most people are anyway!).   But I also discovered that the theaters have enhanced what they offer to moms of young ones who want to go to see a movie. 

The Empire Reel Babies Program will open their door twice a month so that you can enjoy a new-release movie in a baby-friendly environment.  Not only that but the theater is equipped with a change table, bottle warmer, play mat and swing as well!  They even keep the lights on dim and lower the volume a bit.   Talk about being of service to a new mom who needs to go out!   I think it is fabulous and I am partly wishing I would have a baby to enjoy such treatment.   But my kids have grown now…   Remember that little one I have back in 2001?   Well he turned 10 years old this summer and since then two brothers came to join him (2004 and 2005) as well as a sister in 2007.

6-28-2011 7;19;02 AM2011_03_12_17_04_22_0001

IMG_1036IMG_9431

My kids love to watch movies and I am planning to bring them to a family friendly selection.   I like the fact that the sound will be brought down – even for my kids I am careful with this.    My only disappointment with the program is not knowing in advance what will be playing.   The only Empire Theater offering it is located in Orléans which is about 40 minutes away from my house.  But to have the opportunity to bring all four of my kids at the theater is special to me.   So I am keeping my eyes open for a fun movie to go together which is not dirty, scary or anything with bad language.  

But more importantly, Empire Reel Babies is the ultimate outing for new parents.  Twice a month, you can go and enjoy a new-release movie in a baby-friendly environment.   So get out of the house twice a month and go see the latest blockbuster with your spouse or a friend.

In Ottawa, the only Empire theater that offer the Reel Babies program is the  ORLÉANS - Empire Theatres Orléans  which is located at 3752 Innes Road Orléans, ON K1W 0C8  Phone: (613) 830-4400 Movie Line: (613) 830-3133.  To find out if your closest Empire theater is offering the Reel Babies program, simply go to the Playdates page on their website.

For more information on the Reel Babies program, feel free to visit http://www.empiretheatres.com/reelbabies

Disclosure – I am participating in the Empire Reel Babies program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Empire Theatres. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment