Monday, May 2, 2011

Live Loved

LiveLovedLive Loved – Experiencing God’s Presence in Everyday Life – Devotional
By Max Lucado
Published at Thomas Nelson

About the book

Imagine how your life would change if you were sure God loves you!

Using the same popular format as Grace for the Moment, Live Loved brings fresh, new devotionals based on the writings of Max Lucado. Included is a broad range of topics such as facing your fears, accepting His grace, and truly knowing God’s omnipresent love. Each devotional is accompanied by an ending prayer to nurture a stronger prayer life for new believers, as well as long-standing Christ followers. It’s a new devotional from one of America's leading Christian writers that will help men and women experience life from a whole new perspective.

My Thoughts

This book is fabulous to use as a devotional.    It will permits you to read various sections of previous books from Max Lucado.   More specifically the materials included in this little devotional are from It’s Not About Me, Facing Your Giants, 3:16: Numbers of Hope, Every Day Deserves a Chance, Fearless, and Outlive Your Life.

Each devotion starts with scripture before you read a section of one of the books from Max Lucado.  Each devotion’s title will indicate the subject of the reading.   After the reading, a prayer is included to deepen your commitment on the subject.   You will also see three more scriptures at the end of the prayers.   These scriptures will help you to ponder more on the subject you have just read.

Every devotion is based on the theme of being loved – loved with a steadfast loved, loved with a perfect love, loved with a wise love, loved with a merciful love, loved to love others.   Every single devotion I read so far has spoken to me in ways I didn’t expect it.   Some are geared toward parenting, others to lift up your soul while other will encourage you to pray more.    No matter how you feel that day, when you read one of the devotions from Max Lucado, you will come out of it refreshed and ready to face the rest of the day.

I personally keep this little book on my side table next to my bed.   I usually read it while I go to bed.   It sort of soothe my spirit and calm me before falling asleep.   

I highly recommend Live Loved to anyone who wants to sense God’s presence in their life.

Live Loved is available at your favourite bookstore, even at amazon.ca.

Disclaimer: This review was possible because the book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment