Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the Busy People's Fast and Frugal Cookbook

The Busy People’s Fast and Frugal Cookbook
By Dawn Hall
Published at Thomas Nelson

About the Book
Perfect recipes for any cook with little time and even less money.
Today's bad economy is forcing people out of restaurants and into the kitchen.

You want to give your family nutritious, home-cooked meals, but who has time to cook? You do, if you cook the Busy People’s™ way. What is a Busy People’s™ recipe? It’s one that can be cooked in 30 minutes or less. A dream-come-true for busy cooks everywhere.

Dawn Hall shows home cooks how to prepare simple and fast food that's as healthy as it is easy on the budget. The Busy People's Fast and Frugal Cookbook is just the thing for today's economy minded meal makers.

Who is Dawn Hall?
Dawn Hall self-published her first cookbook when she needed to raise money to pay for her late husband’s cancer treatment. Since then she has more than 1 million copies of her cookbooks in print. Her books contain simple, great-tasting dishes for busy people who like to eat real, everyday food. Her books also help to motivate and inspire healthy eating and healthy lifestyles.
Check out her website at http://dawnhallcookbooks.com/ .
My thoughts
I love cookbooks… And my husband thinks that I have too many of them on my shelf. Is there really such a thing as having too many cookbooks? So when I go the opportunity of getting a new cookbook in exchange of a review, I jumped on the opportunity! *grin*

I am trying to lose weight since the beginning of the year. And to do so I decided to go back to Weight Watchers which I was a lifetime member since my university years. If I was able to do it back then, I could do it again. So I went back to a new plan about counting points in a day (compared of counting the bread, veggies, and so on from back when I used to go…). So to be able to calculate the points, three important pieces of information is needed… I need the Calories per serving, the Total fat and the Fiber. What a joy to see that all that information and much more in included for each recipes.

The cookbook is easy to use and well planned. A chapter contains all the recipes for a specific meal or part of a meal. For example, there is a whole chapter on Soups and Chowders. Each section within a chapter corresponds to the time that it takes to cook the recipe so you would find 10 minutes or less recipes as well as 30 minutes or less. And the pictures that you will find throughout the cookbook are so well done that it makes you want to cook the recipe. Yum! The smoked sausage and Cheddar Egg Bake sounds wonderful for a cold winter morning… However, not all the recipes have their picture included. I particularly like it when I can see a picture of a recipe.

The author has also taken the time to list the supplies needed, the grocery list, as well as helpful hints for each recipes. I also find that some recipes contain ingredients that will be hard to find in Canada. But I’m close enough to the border that I could go do some grocery shopping once in a while in the US. Unfortunately, if I feel like doing one particular recipe – like the Italian Seasoned Scones – I will have to wait until our next trip in the state of New York to get what I can’t find here. So patience is needed for me…

Do you want to see what the cookbook look like? Simply go to this page at the Thomas Nelson website.

Busy’s People Fast & Frugal cookbook is available everywhere, even at amazon.ca and indigo.ca.

HAPPY COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment