Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Help, Lord, I’m Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler! Ebook

Help, Lord, I’m Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler!
Published at The Old SchoolHouse in an e-book format
I recently got the opportunity to review a new e-book titled “Help, Lord, I’m Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler!” First I need to admit that high school is still far away but as the years go by, I sense I needed to prepare myself. My oldest will be starting 3rd grade then I have a senior kindergarten, a junior kindergarten and a toddler. So why would I want to review a book about homeschooling high schoolers? Simply because I am the kind of person who likes to know in advance what I should expect and these days I do wonder if I will continue homeschooling when Alexandre will arrive in high school. If others can do it – I surely can too but I like to prepare in advance and know in my mind what I will get into. I was not disappointed with this e-book. I cried and smiled at some of the stories. It made it real to me a homeschool mom of little ones. I realized that there will still be questions in my mind, days where I will be discouraged and days where I will celebrate, and there will be struggles as well as joy. I finished the e-book and I was encouraged – yes even if I don’t have high schoolers this book talked to me. I was reminded the importance of following God’s will and to go to Him when we hit a roadblock. I was reminded that as much as we plan sometimes, the curriculum we have chosen might not be a fit. I was reminded that different kids have different ways to learn and function in their learning process. This was important for me to get these reminders as I will have three kids on and off this year to “teach”. My oldest is quite independent but the other two will need more one on one time in the morning – not the mention my toddler who will want attention too. But I figure that if some of these women who wrote were able to go through primary school and then high school with their own kids (and some of them even touching the college part of homeschooling) – then I can do it too. In one way these women are partly mentors for me because I read about the ups and downs while schooling their kids. Some had children who had some learning disabilities or just simply very active kids who would have struggled at school. If you kids are close to the high school season and you wonder if you should continue homeschooling or not, I strongly recommend getting the e-book “Help, Lord, I’m Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler!” – it’s worth it! And if you think your kids are far away from the high school years, well think again… The years go by fast and it is important I think to be aware and prepare for the teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment